Winner announced, July 11, 2014:
And the winner is: thebravelittlethread (Gzahn) — CONGRATULATIONS!
Original post, July 5, 2014:
Today’s the day!
Are you ready for the Tour de Fleece? Did you join any teams? What fiber will you be spinning?
If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I’m in full force spinning mode. Seriously, I am head over heels crazy in love with all things fiber related at the moment. You gotta go with the creative flow, right? Well, that’s my motto and I’m sticking to it!
This was such a lovely spin. And, with each new project I gain a little more confidence. It’s still terribly inconsistent, but an improvement none the less. I had quite a bit leftover on one bobbin after finishing the 2-Ply, so I decided to jump in and try Navajo plying. It was awkward and tricky at first, so I stopped and re-watched this video from Sarah Anderson:
Once I got the rhythm down it was really nice. I definitely need more practice, and I love the roundness of the 3-Ply. It’s neat to see how a difference in the method of plying can change your finished yarn so dramatically. It’s amazing, really. That’s the thing I love about knitting and spinning, the constant learning. Different fibers, different techniques all create different texture and drape. Then you add in the human element and the results are even more vast and unique.
Currently on my wheel I have this beautiful purple and silver BFL. It is absolutely gorgeous. I’m planning on practicing my Navajo ply with this, but BFL has such a long staple length, I’m wondering if that’s such a good idea. Do you know? Have you chain plied BFL before? I didn’t have this done before the Tour started, so I’ll be setting it aside temporarily. Because today, I’ll be starting my Loop Bullseye Bump! I’ve expanded my original goal for TdF from “just spin everyday” to spin at least thirty minutes everyday, (which I’ve done anyway because I just can’t get enough) and I’d like to spin and ply this entire bump.
Isn’t is pretty? It’s so incredibly soft!
So, in celebration of Tour de Fleece starting today, and my crazy fiber obsessed mind, I thought I’d have a little giveaway!
One lucky winner will receive:
- a copy of The Field Guide to Fleece by Deborah Robson & Carol Ekarius
- The giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only.
- Entries will be open until Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:00pm PDT.
- All comments must include a valid email address or Ravelry ID so that I can contact you if you are the winner.
- Winner will be chosen via random number generator and will be contacted within 48 hours after the giveaway ends.
HOW TO ENTER
- Simply leave a comment below telling me what is your favorite fiber to spin. Do you love merino? Prefer BFL? Or do you love blends like Polwarth and silk? Please don’t forget to also include your email or Ravlery ID with your comment.
I’m off to officially start the Tour! Happy knitting and spinning!
*This giveaway is sponsored by Wool Therapy, a.k.a. Me. Thank you.